Since the domestication of animals, pets have become just like a member of the family. In fact, now-a-days some people even refer to their pets as their children! Man’s best friend has surely become a comfortable additional to plenty of households across the world. With the popularity of puppy fashion labels and strollers for dogs, I have to stop and ask myself, could dogs possibly phase out the traditional flower girl and ring bearer or simply become an addition to what people are considering tradition?
My family has two four legged members but had they been at my wedding ceremony, the outcome probably would have ended up looking like something from one of the Beethoven films! If your pups are far too rambunctious for your ceremony, another pet-positive wedding trend is photo ops with your precious pooch. Even though Sparky may be a sweet angel, here is a list of a few extra suggestions to make sure that your big day doesn’t become the dog days!
- Check the venue location for your wedding ceremony. Some religious institutions may not allow dogs on property. Dogs are not allowed in some areas of certain beaches that I have been to. Be conscious of the hazards and leash enforcements at your venue as well!
- So maybe Fido isn’t totally replacing your precious niece as the flower girl. You may want to consider having a two-legged escort for your dog if you are considering utilizing your pet as the ring bearer! Check out these doggie duds by Silly Buddy to dress your doggie up for your big day! Could you imagine a runaway dog AND a runaway ring?!
- Check with your bridal party and be sure that no one that will be in direct contact with your pup is allergic!
- Stash a few treats in a bridesmaid’s clutch just in case some powers of persuasion are necessary.
- Be sure that he or she has been walked beforehand so that there aren’t any surprises on the way up the aisle.
- Lastly, organize a plan of action once you say “I do,” so that you and the rest of your bridal party can relax and have a blast without having to pet sit.
Still need more convincing on including your puppy in the partying? Hopefully a few of my favorite pooch friendly wedding pictures that focus on Fido will change your mind!
Have a luxe day,